A beautiful and tranquil campsite in South West France.
Set in a wooded valley this campsite is built around a picturesque 16th century mill and lake.
The site is surrounded by the River Ourbise providing the soothing sound of running water.
The campsite has 46 large flat grass pitches ranging from full sun to full shade; The heated swimming pool is set to the side so each area retains its peace and tranquility.
The Restaurant, Bar and Terrace are situated in the old mill, overlooking the lake, with an open patio for evenings chatting with new friends.
- 46 Pitches – 6 amps electricity
- Well maintained wash block with English style toilets, showers and wash basins in cubicles, free hot water
- Washroom adapted for people with reduced mobility with toilet, shower, sink and laundry sink
- Heated swimming pool open beginning of May to mid September
- Bar, Restaurant, Basic Shop open beginning of May to mid September
- Trout fishing on site, discounted rates for campers (see tariffs)
- Washing Machine and Dryer
- English Library
- BBQs permitted (off the ground)
- Well behaved dogs welcome
- Near-by: 2 Golf courses within 15 mins by car, Horse riding, Lake Beach
Our Trout Lake
We charge our campers just 6 euros per day to fish, however fishing is offered free for all reservations or 7 nights or more !
The lake is stocked with trout. In addition there are some roach & carp. Other fish have also been caught on occasion including tench, perch and eels. Our fishing lake is open to the public as well as our campers, however non-campers can only fly fish (Pêche à la Mouche), you as campers can float fish etc.
- All fishing is “catch and release” if you wish to keep some trout for your dinner please bring them to the bar to be weighed, the price is 8 euros per kilo
- Please go to the bar before fishing for the first time.
- Please use only barbless hooks or flattened barbed hooks
- Please use a landing net for large fish
- Please return fish to the lake immediately, ensuring that they are properly revived
- Injured or damaged fish must not be returned to the lake, and will be charged for
- Please ensure that all fishing line is disposed of in the bin, it can cause damage and injury to both the wildlife and our mowers.
- All children must be supervised by a responsible adult (over the age of 18)
This campsite is a little gem – being a trout fisherman the lake was an instant attraction but from the day we arrived to the day we left was wonderful. The peace and quiet in the beautiful grounds made you feel really relaxed and in the evening the 4 course meal was delicious and really good value. Around and about the site the forests made excellent walks, the canals ( only 6km away) were ideal cycle routes and the general location allowed you to cover Bordeaux, the Dune du pilat and we even managed to go as far south as Biarritz and the Pyrenees. Thank you very much Bob and Dot and Susan and George for a great experience. Adrian and Jayne Padley
Great campside, great people, great food! Nice secret in a wonderful setting. We’ve stayed here for a week and it’s hard to go home again.
Our holiday of choice in a beautiful spot with lovely people
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
We stayed in April 2014, run by a friendly helpful English couple, the site is spotlessly clean and very beautiful.
★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Fantastic quiet place with great hosts, extremely dog friendly and would definitely go back!
★ ★ ★ ★ ★